IRBNet – Mason’s Electronic Protocol Management System
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) utilize the IRBNet suite of tools, accessible via the internet, for electronic protocol management, on-line submissions and many other important research oversight features for the George Mason University research community. Some of IRBNet’s many features include electronic document management, web-based protocol sharing and collaboration, automatic notifications, electronic submissions and reviews, integrated training and credential management, and important audit capabilities including electronic revision histories, electronic signatures and event tracking.
Getting Started with IRBNet
- Upon accessing the site simply click on “New User Registration” in the top right corner.
- You will be prompted to select a user name and password and enter your contact information.
- You should select “George Mason University, Fairfax, VA” as your local institution.
- All IRB and IACUC submissions must be done through IRBnet.
- All IRB and IACUC forms may be downloaded through IRBnet. Note that signatures are not required on the forms and have been replaced by digital signatures (which you will do through IRBnet upon submission).
Additional IRBNet Resources:
- Access IRBNet (www.irbnet.org)
- IRBNet Training Information
- Adding Training Credentials to Your Profile
- To affiliate training with your profile simply login to IRBNet and click on “User Profile” at the top of the page. Scroll down to training and credentials then “Add a New Training or Credentials Record”