Human Subjects Policies, Procedures, & Guidelines
Note: All human subjects related documents are to be submitted through our online protocol management system IRBNet.
- Human Subjects SOPs – Approved Standard Operating Procedures to be followed by RDIA, the IRB, and researchers conducting human subjects research.
- Adverse Event Reporting—Mason’s adverse event reporting policy. Any unexpected problem that occurs during the course of a research activity that relates to that research activity must be reported to RDIA using the form available on IRBNet. See Human Subjects SOP 2.6.5
- Classroom Projects SOP— Guidelines for RDIA/IRB review of projects conducted by students taking pedagogy classes. See Human Subjects SOP 1.3.5
- Clinical Trials Registration information—Information about registering a study on the ClinicalTrials.gov website.
- Exempt Research—A description of which research activities are considered exempt from IRB review.
- FERPA –Information about FERPA regulations
- Human Subjects (Definition)—The federal definition of “human subject” and “research.”
- Human Subjects Research Review Process—The process that a project undergoes from the submission to review.
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect – All Mason employees are required by law to report abuse and neglect.
- Research in VA Schools—Information on doing research in Virginia public schools.
As you review the policies, procedures, and guidelines on this page, you may encounter terms with which you are unfamiliar. Please check the glossary of terms for definitions. If you still have a question about a term used that is not answered on the glossary page, please e-mail email@example.com.