Export Control Forms
Click on the links to access the forms.
- This form may be used only by those who have completed export control basics training. This form is for documenting Mason’s compliance with Federal regulations, and is for use in connection with international business when you are traveling with your Mason-owned laptop.
- If you are comfortable making the export certifications, complete the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not comfortable making the certification, please contact us at email@example.com (or 703-993-2308), and we will be happy to consult with you.
Mason-owned laptops can usually be taken to Cuba (if the proper documentation is filed with the Federal government in advance, by our office), but generally cannot be taken to other countries subject to comprehensive U.S. economic sanctions, such as Iran, Syria, North Korea, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine.
If you have not completed export control basics training and would like to do so, please contact us for assistance.
- We have a small number of Dell and Mac laptops available for Mason researchers traveling abroad for short durations. Priority assignment will be first to faculty with demonstrated security needs (you have a TCP, are traveling to a high risk destination, etc.) second, to researchers in the order in which their request is received. Please complete and sign the request form. You may use a digital signature, or print the form, sign it manually, and send us a scanned copy (or legible photo).
- Clean laptops can usually be taken to Cuba (if the proper documentation is filed with the Federal government in advance, by our office), but generally cannot be taken to other countries subject to comprehensive U.S. economic sanctions, such as Iran, Syria, North Korea, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine without advance U.S. government permission (obtaining such permission cannot be guaranteed, and may take significant time).
- Send the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your machine. We will be in touch by email to coordinate delivery with you.
We do our best to accommodate last minute requests, but these machines need to be configured for individual researchers, so please send us your form when you make your flight reservations, if not before.